Ten International Principles for a Successful HomeLink Exchange
In order to ensure the quality of our network, HomeLink invites members to fill out this form after each exchange. Based on the 10 Principles for a Successful Home Exchange, the Exchange Evaluation Form will allow us to continue to uphold the HomeLink standards of quality and promote the true spirit of home exchange: respect, mutual trust, open-mindedness, and sharing.
Please answer each question by clicking on the stars – one star being the lowest score, five stars being the highest.
1. Exchange Home Description How accurately was your partners’ exchange home described in their home exchange listing and in subsequent correspondence?
2. Cleanliness To what extent did the exchange home meet the HomeLink standards of cleanliness (floors cleaned, refrigerator emptied, oven and stove-top grease free, bath and shower free of grime, windows clean and surfaces dust free)?
3. Space for your belongings Did your home exchange partners leave space on the shelves, in wardrobes and drawers, allowing you to arrange your things in bedrooms and bathrooms?
4. Bed and Bath Linen Was sufficient linen left for you and your family to use during your stay (at least two sets of clean sheets per bed and two sets of clean towels per person?)
5. Home Guide Did your home exchange partners compile a clear, useful guide to their home and surroundings (including local tourist information, instructions for household and electrical appliances, pet and plant care instructions, phone numbers of recommended doctor, dentist, babysitter, restaurants, helpful friends, etc.)?
6. Exchange Agreement To what extent did your exchange partners respect the Exchange Agreement Form that was signed by both parties prior to the exchange?
7. A Warm Welcome Did your exchange partners organize a warm welcome for you? Did a family member, neighbour, friend, or your exchange partners themselves, welcome you upon your arrival in their home?
8. Welcome Meal Were the makings of a first meal left in the house for your arrival?
9. Welcome Gift Did your exchange partners leave a small gift of welcome for you?
10. Upon your return Did you find your home neat and tidy, in keeping with the HomeLink standards of cleanliness (as described above in Question 1)?
Please note that your comments may be shared with your exchange partner unless you
de-select the box below.
[X] You may share my comments with my exchange partner
[X] I agree to let HomeLink use my comments to promote home exchange.